"The town of Stradone near the western boundary of the
parish, and on the direct line of road connecting Cavan with Bailieborough and
Cootehill with Ballyjamesduff, contains 67 dwelling houses, a dispensary and a
small detachment of police. 5 grocery shops, 5 spirit retailers and 10 lodging
houses denote the the occupations of the inhabitants.
Survey Memoirs ,late 1835]
- Masterson, J. Ireland: 1841/1851 Census Abstracts (Republic of
Ireland), Genealogical Publishing Co., MD, 1999, p. 59
- 1851 Census
- John BRENNAN, head, na, R.I.C. (Royal Irish
- Catherine BRENNAN, wife, na, nee CAHILL
- Daniel BRENNAN, son, 4
- Bridget BRENNAN, dau, 2
- Annie BRENNAN, dau, 1
- 1814: "A Census of Protestant Children in the Parishes of Drung and
Larah, Co. Cavan" Irish Ancestor, v. 10, No. 1, 1978 , p. 33-37
- Townland of Stradone (Town of Stradone)
- Samuel, Margaret, Ann, of Edward Hartley.
- George, of Samuel Hartley.
- Thomas, Samuel, Edward, Margaret, of Roger Hartley.
- John, Richard, William, Bartholomew, Mary, Ann, Sophia, of
- Samuel, Mary, Margaret, of Robert Charters.
- Charles, James, John, Margaret, Catherine, of John Parsons.
- Robert, John, James, Sarah, of Robert Pikins.
- The Connaught Journal, Galway, Monday, November 3, 1823
Marriages. In St. Peter's Church, Dublin, by the Rev. Mr. Lewis, Samuel
Hurtley, late of Stradone, Co. Cavan to Miss Anne Darby of Kevin-street. Posted
to IRELAND-OLD-NEWS-L by Cathy Joynt Labath, Apr 2002.
- Daily News, Feb 14, 1856 Deaths. BURROWES - Feb 10 at
Brighton, Honora, daughter of R. Burrowes, Esq. M.P. of Stradone House, Cavan,
- Cunningham, T.P. "Burrowes of Stradone House", Heart of
Breifne, 1980, pp. 24-29
[Last updated: 22 January 2002 - Colin Ferguson
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used
for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage,
copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages
within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could
gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information
providers, and hence threaten its whole future.