"Ballinagh, a market town in the parish of Ballintemple but chiefly in that of Kilmore, barony of Clonmahon, county of Cavan, and province of Ulster, 4 miles (S.W.) from Cavan on the road to Granard; containing 702 inhabitants. This town was entirely destroyed by fire in a disturbance which took place in 1794; it consists at present of two streets crossing each other at right angles, and in 1831 contained 135 houses, the greater part of which are thatched, and of which three only are in the parish of Ballintemple."
[From Lewis Topographical Dictionary (1837)]
[Last updated: 26 November 2002 - Colin Ferguson ]
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future.|