"On the eastern boundary of the parish, and in the townland of Corbeagh, the village of Clementstown, consisting of 41 stone and clay built cabins, was erected, commenced building at 50 years ago, on the estate of Colonel Clements of Ashfield. Its close proximity to Cootehill rendered the endowment of fairs and markets unnecessary. It stands upon the road connect Cootehill with Drum and is altogether a very wretched village"
[From Ordnance Survey Memoirslate 1835]
[Last updated: 22 December 2002 - Colin Ferguson ]
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future.|