GENUKI Home page

Cavan Cavan   Contents Contents   Parish Drumlane


Kilconny village is a part of the Belturbet urban area and is situated in the parish of Drumlane. It was the industrial, cultural and sporting centre of the town of Belturbet for many years.
The first inhabitants in Belturbet settled on the Kilconny side of the river Erne and excavations have shown that there was life here thousands of years ago.
[From McGuinn, J. (Ed.) Staghall a History 1846-1996, Cavan: A Church Committee Publication, 1995


Slaters Directory of 1847
Gentry and Clergy  
Major James Bailie Carrick Hill
Cavendish Butler J.P. Quivvy Cottage
Miss Ann Egan Kilconny
David Griffith Ture Lodge
Rev. George Batty Moffitt Drumlane
Humphrey Nixon Naughan
Rev Henry Monk Winden Kilconny
National School  
Teachers Bernard Rogers (Master)
  Ellen McGovern (Mistress)
Blacksmith Philip Quinn, Kilconny
Boot and Shoe Makers Daniel Fitzpatrick, Kilconny
  Patrick Reilly, Kilconny
  Patrick Sullivan, Kilconny
Grocers Sarah Fitzpatrick, Kilconny
  Charles McManus, Kilconny
  Andrew Smith, Kilconny
  John Yaw, Kilconny
Spirit Dealers Phillip McManus, Kilconny
  Patrick Reily, Kilconny
Stone Mason Alexander McLane, Kilconny
Wheelrights and Cart Makers Henry Mayne, Kilconny
Return to top of page

[Last updated: 14th June 2002 - Colin Ferguson ]

Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future.