GENUKI Home page

Cavan Cavan   Contents Contents   Parish Annagh

Redhill

"Redhills, a village, in that part of the parish of Annagh which is in the barony of Tullaghgarvey, county of Cavan, and province of Ulster, 2 miles from Belturbet, on the road to Ballyhaise: the population is returned with the parish. It takes its name from the peculiarly red colour of the soil, which arises from its being strongly impregnated with iron: the roads near it are all of a deep red colour. Here is a R. C. chapel belonging to the district of Annagh East, or Killoughter."
[From Lewis' Topographical Dictionary (1837)]

Cemeteries

Military Records

Return to top of page

[Last updated: 12 February 2002 - Colin Ferguson ]

Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future.